Sara’s DepEd targets full face-to-face classes by ‘early November’ - BBM

By Lance Arevada

PHOTO: When In Bacolod/DepEd/Aaron Favila

The Department of Education (DepEd), under the leadership of Vice President Sara Duterte, is eyeing the full implementation of face-to-face classes in schools throughout the country by early November this year, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has revealed on Tuesday.

In a press briefing following his first Cabinet meeting, Marcos Jr. said that Vice President Duterte’s plan that was presented in the forum was an example of what the new government can already start doing.

“I think there are some things that are immediately accessible in the sense that we can start doing something about it already… An example of that was Inday Sara's announcement that we have a plan for full face-to-face [classes] by November of this year,” the president said.

Marcos Jr. further presented that the DepEd is set to start a “phased face-to-face schooling” in schools by September this year before transitioning to a full face-to-face set-up.

“September, we will start a phased face-to-face schooling. And with that face-to-face, we'll end up in early November as already 100% attendance ng mga bata,” he said.

The president added that his Cabinet also discussed vaccination among students at elementary and high school levels and other issues that need to be addressed upon the implementation of onsite classes.

Vice President Duterte previously said in June that she was “targeting” full face-to-face classes in schools by August, in time for the start of School Year 2022-2023 on August 22.

Although the plan of the new administration has apparently been delayed, former Education Secretary Leonor Briones reported in May that around 73.28% of public schools nationwide have already resumed onsite classes in the present school year.


Edited by Kyla Balatbat
Previous Post Next Post