Palace on Duterte’s cancer ‘joke’: Nothing to worry about President’s health

By Deighton Acuin

PHOTO: Philippine Daily Inquirer

Malacañang on Friday said the recent remarks made by President Rodrigo Duterte about having cancer is nothing but another joke, adding there is nothing to get worried about it.

During an online Palace briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said he does not have any information that would cause worry for Duterte’s health.

He also assured that the Chief Executive would inform the public if he has any serious medical condition.

“On the basis naman of what I also on TV ‘no, I would say, nagbibiro naman po iyong Presidente, kasi naubo nga po siya tapos sabi niya baka cancer na ito ‘no,” Roque said in a Palace briefing.

“So I think that is really a joke of the President and should not be taken to mean na may cancer talaga siya,” Roque added.

Roque’s statement came after Duterte suddenly coughed during his meeting in Tacloban City and said “it could be cancer.”

Due to his age, Duterte’s health condition has been a recurrent issue during his tenure, prompting a lawyer to petition the Supreme Court to mandate the release of the President’s records.

In August last year, Duterte announced his Barrett’s esophagus was deteriorating, which an advise from his doctor to watch his diet because it could progress into a stage 1 cancer.


RELATED ARTICLE: Philippine Daily Inquirer


Previous Post Next Post