TOP STORIES

6/recent/ticker-posts

PUP student dies after saving laptop from burning house in QC

By Addison Pascua

PHOTO: My Liberty Radio

On Tuesday, November 2, a student of Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) died during a fire accident that broke out in a house located at Barangay San Agustin, Novaliches, Quezon City while three other people suffered burn injuries.

The Quezon City Fire Department said Melanie Trinidad, a 21-year-old graduating student of PUP, was trapped after she rushed inside their burning house to rescue a laptop she used for her studies.

On the other hand, the victim’s grandmother and two more relatives were immediately provided medical attention after they suffered second-degree burn injuries from the fire accident.

At around 2:05 a.m., the blaze reached the 1st alarm before being declared under control at 2:37 a.m. and was extinguished at 3:06 a.m., according to Senior Inspector Rowena Mamangun.

As of the moment, authorities are still investigating what triggered the fire that allegedly started from the ceiling of the house.

According to the fire department, damage to the said property was estimated at Php 750,000.


Report source: Manila Bulletin