Del Rosario: Marawi rehab is 85% complete

By Jimwell Aquino

The rehabilitation of the war-ravaged city of Marawi is nearly complete, with roughly 85 percent accomplished, housing czar and Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) chief Eduardo del Rosario said Thursday.
PHOTO: Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development
In an interview, del Rosario stated that the estimated completion rate is provided as of the first week of December 2021 and that at least 95 % of all infrastructure projects are expected to be completed by June 30, 2022.

“We expect that by June 30, within the administration of the president, 95 percent na ang matatapos natin. ‘Yung remaining 5 percent ay itutuloy na lamang dahil ang pondo naman ay nakapaloob sa mga implementing agencies,” del Rosario said.

Despite setbacks such as adverse weather and the COVID-19 pandemic, TFBM projects met construction standards and were completed on time.

Del Rosario also highlighted some of the major projects that have been accomplished, such as the restoration of three major bridges and the opening of more than 20 kilometers of transcentral highways.

According to him, several schools, mosques, public stations, and other public facilities and infrastructure projects have already been completed.

Meanwhile, residents in the 24 most-affected (MAA) barangays were divided into nine sectors and have already begun restoring or refurbishing their homes.

“Ang Marawi City is composed of 96 barangays, 24 barangays ‘yung most-affected areas, and then 72 barangays ‘yung outside the most-affected area.[At] ‘yung 72 barangays nakabalik na lahat,” the TFBM chief said.

“Yung sa 24 barangays, hinati naman yan into nine sectors. ‘Yung sectors 1 to 3, since last year July, nakabalik na ‘yung mga IDPs na naka-secure ng building permit. ‘Yung sectors 4 to 9, they have started yet this October and eventually 1,500 more will be allowed by the first quarter of 2022,” he added.





Previous Post Next Post